Wednesday 10 August 2016

Peter and Bambi Dramaturgy: Asher Treleaven @ Edfringe 2016

Magic is about to happen. Asher Treleaven (La Soirée, Edinburgh Best Newcomer nominee) and Gypsy Wood (Comic Strip) are Peter and Bambi Heaven, Australia's most deluded dancing magicians, and they're about to explode into Edinburgh.

Peter and Bambi Heaven: The Magic Inside





Imagine if David Copperfield and Claudia Schiffer were from Australia's Gold Coast, now roll them in sequins, set them on fire and you're almost there. 


What was the inspiration for this performance? 
Love is the greatest magic of all, that's what it's all about mate. When I met Bambi I knew she was the one for me and we just clicked, I mean look at her shes got it all looks, charisma and great legs. It took a little while to get the show up to speed but we’re bloody flying now.


How did you go about gathering the team for it? 
Well it just happened, it was meant to be. I was at a Landmark seminar on the Goldie, Landmark is a really great system for just changing your whole life and I met Bambi and the rest is showbiz history mate.

How did you become interested in making performance? 
I’m a born entertainer, some people have it and some just don’t. When I first saw David Copperfield, god rest his soul I thought that's what I want to do, and I did.

Was your process typical of the way that you make a performance?
I never talk about my process or how we do what we do, but know this I always make the right decisions because today is the first day of now!

What do you hope that the audience will experience? 
Mate, we want the audience walking out of this show just thinking ‘wow, what was that’ We’re here for one thing and one thing only to absolutely wreck your heads.

What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience? 
That's a great question, our strategy is simple we love what we do, we love each other and we love ourselves and we hope that spills out into the audience.

Do you see your work within any particular tradition? 
Absolutely, our work is A Grade tradition; it's the best of the best. The difference between us and a lot of other entertainers is we actually entertain, we’re not waffling about on stage about something that happened a bajillion years ago, we’re here to make everyone’s heads explode, that's our tradition.

No comments :

Post a Comment