Tuesday 19 January 2016

What is Visual Theatre?

Not long until Manipulate 2016 now, meaning that I am getting all excited. It's a festival of visual theatre, which roughly means 'the kind of theatre that I really really like'. It also means that I make an annual half-baked attempt to explain what is meant by visual art.

This year, I thought I'd get in the visual spirit by making this slap-dash chart featuring loads of stuff that I looked up on Wikipedia.


Apart from dividing the world into two - which is probably border-line racist - there's an incoherent chronology, loads of things missing and plenty of performance that I know absolutely nothing about! However, I think all of these art forms need to be considered when anyone else talks about visual theatre, or I'll accuse them of not knowing their history. 

No comments :

Post a Comment